The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is one of the world’s leading producers and exporters of oil and gas. The oil and gas sector accounts for about 30% of the UAE’s gross domestic product (GDP) and provides employment opportunities for thousands of people. If you are looking for a career in this industry, you may be wondering how to find and apply for oil and gas jobs in UAE. In this blog post, we will give you some tips and resources to help you with your job search.
How to Prepare for Oil and Gas Jobs
After you have submitted your application, you may be contacted by the employer for further screening and assessment. You may be invited for a phone, video, or face-to-face interview, or asked to take a test or a case study. You need to prepare well for these steps, and to impress the employer with your skills, knowledge, and attitude. Here are some tips to help you prepare for oil and gas jobs in UAE:
- Research the Company and the Job: You need to do your homework and research the company and the job that you are applying for. You need to learn about the company’s history, vision, mission, values, culture, and goals, and the job’s responsibilities, expectations, and challenges. You also need to research the industry trends, issues, and opportunities, and the company’s competitors, customers, and partners. You need to use this information to show your interest, fit, and readiness for the job and the company.
- Review Your Resume and Cover Letter: You need to review your resume and cover letter, and to refresh your memory on the details and highlights that you have included. You need to be able to explain and elaborate on your education, experience, skills, and achievements, and to provide examples and evidence to support your claims. You also need to be prepared to answer any questions or concerns that the employer may have about your resume and cover letter, such as gaps, changes, or inconsistencies.
- Practice Your Interview Skills: You need to practice your interview skills, and to anticipate and prepare for the possible questions and scenarios that you may face. You need to practice answering common and behavioral interview questions, such as “Tell me about yourself”, “Why do you want to work for us?”, “What are your strengths and weaknesses?”, or “How do you handle stress or conflict?”. You also need to practice answering technical and situational interview questions, such as “What are the main challenges and opportunities for the oil and gas industry in UAE?”, “How do you design and optimize a drilling process?”, or “How would you deal with a major oil spill or leak?”. You need to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) method to structure your answers, and to use specific and relevant examples from your past or present work or education. You also need to practice your communication skills, such as speaking clearly, confidently, and politely, listening actively and attentively, and asking and answering questions appropriately. You can practice with a friend, a mentor, or a coach, or use online tools, such as Interview Simulator, Pramp, or Big Interview.
- Dress Professionally and Appropriately: You need to dress professionally and appropriately for the interview, and to make a good first impression on the employer. You need to follow the dress code and the culture of the company and the industry, and to avoid any clothing or accessories that are too casual, flashy, or distracting. You also need to groom yourself well, and to maintain a clean and neat appearance.
- Be Punctual and Prepared: You need to be punctual and prepared for the interview, and to show your respect and interest for the employer. You need to arrive at the interview venue at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time, or to log in to the online platform at least 10 minutes before the call. You also need to bring or have access to the necessary documents and materials, such as your resume, cover letter, portfolio, references, or samples of your work. You also need to have a pen and a paper, or a device and an app, to take notes during the interview.
How to Find Oil and Gas Jobs in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah & UAE
There are several ways to find oil and gas jobs in UAE, such as:
- Online Job Portals: You can use our online job portals, EHSS.ae, to search and apply for oil and gas jobs in UAE. You can filter your search by location, job title, salary, experience, or company, and browse through the available vacancies. You can also upload your resume and create a profile to showcase your skills and qualifications, and to receive job alerts and recommendations.
- Company Websites: You can visit the websites of the oil and gas companies that operate in UAE, such as ADNOC, ENOC, Dana Gas, or Dragon Oil, and check their careers or jobs sections. You can find out more about the company, its vision, values, and culture, and the current and future projects and opportunities. You can also submit your resume and application online, or contact the company directly for more information.
- Networking: You can use your personal and professional network to find out about the oil and gas jobs in UAE. You can reach out to your friends, family, colleagues, or former employers who work or have worked in the industry, and ask them for referrals, recommendations, or advice. You can also join and participate in online or offline communities, forums, groups, or events related to oil and gas, and connect with other professionals and experts in the field. You can exchange information, insights, and opinions, and build relationships and trust with potential employers, partners, or mentors.
- Recruitment Agencies: You can use the services of recruitment agencies that specialize in oil and gas jobs in UAE, such as NES Fircroft, Airswift, Petroplan, or Spencer Ogden. You can register and upload your resume and profile, and let the recruiters match you with the suitable jobs and employers. You can also browse and apply for the jobs posted on their websites, or contact them directly for more assistance.
How to Apply for Oil and Gas Jobs in UAE
Once you have found the oil and gas jobs in UAE that interest you, you need to prepare and submit your application. Here are some tips to help you with your application:
- Customize Your Resume: You need to tailor your resume to the specific job and company that you are applying for. You need to highlight your relevant education, experience, skills, and achievements, and use keywords and phrases that match the job description and requirements. You also need to format your resume in a clear, concise, and professional manner, and avoid any errors or inconsistencies.
- Write a Cover Letter: You need to write a cover letter to accompany your resume and to introduce yourself to the employer. You need to explain why you are interested in the job and the company, and how you can add value to them. You also need to showcase your personality, motivation, and enthusiasm, and to demonstrate your knowledge and research about the industry and the company. You also need to follow the proper format, tone, and style, and to keep your cover letter brief and focused.
- Follow the Instructions: You need to follow the instructions and guidelines given by the employer or the job portal on how to submit your application. You need to fill out the online forms, upload the required documents, and provide the necessary information. You also need to check the deadlines, the contact details, and the feedback process, and to confirm the receipt of your application.
Latest Oil & Gas Job Vacancies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah & UAE
Oil and gas jobs in UAE are in high demand and offer many benefits and opportunities for job seekers. However, finding and applying for these jobs can be challenging and competitive. You need to use various sources and methods to search for the jobs, and to prepare and submit your application. You also need to prepare well for the screening and assessment process, and to impress the employer with your skills, knowledge, and attitude. We hope that this blog post has given you some useful tips and resources to help you with your job search. Good luck!